Search This Blog

Saturday, May 08, 2010

Amy's B-day Tomorrow May 9th

It's not always fun to have a birthday on Mother's day and it happens quite often for Amy. She has to share the celebration with me when that happens, giving presents as well as receiving them. For me it is fun though, as it was a most wonderful Mother's Day 34 years ago as I held my 6 lb. 13 ounce baby girl.
My baby with her baby Emerson 2 years ago

The year was 1976, our country's 200th celebration, May 9th (Mother's Day), and the day I was in the hospital having a little baby girl named Heather. We were living in Idaho but I went to Wyoming to have her because we didn't have insurance and it was MUCH cheaper there. Besides, I had a fantastic doctor.

My Mom took me to Powell, where I got my cervical block and it was pretty much pain free. I fell asleep on the delivery table while my Mom sat there being nervous for me. Wayne had to stay in Idaho to work but we called and told him we had our little Heather. He went to work the next day and told everyone about her. When I got ready to leave the hospital, I changed her name to Amy. She just didn't look like a Heather at all. Then I had to call Wayne and tell him he had an Amy instead, and that names fit her perfectly.

Amy at Christmas with her hubby Wes

My pretty, pretty girl
Happy Birthday Amy. What a blessing you are to our family.


1 comment:

Amy said...

Thank you for a wonderful birthday post! I hope I was your most favorite mother's day gift ever!