Search This Blog

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Watch out!

I picked up my new prescription yesterday and thought I'd read through the info they include with it.  As you may know, I have a tumor on my pituitary gland that I have taken medication for for the better part of 25 years.  We switched to a new one that hasn't been available until recently.  It's supposed to be better and with less side effects.  This is what the info said:

Possible side effects are constipation, dizziness, headache, indigestion, nausea, vomiting, tiredness, weakness, shortness of breath, swelling of hands or feet, trouble breathing, chest pain, itching or rash, depression, fainting, irregular heart beat, hallucinations, cough, or confusion.  Warning:  it also says that I may develop behavioral changes such as an increase in aggression, gambling or sexual urges.  Well, if you happen to see me angrily headed to Las Vegas with a pimp in the car, call Wayne.

5 comments:

Susan said...

I would love to see you get aggressive, can't even imagine it.

Live From Mommyville... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Live From Mommyville... said...

Hey Joan...pick me up on your way to Vegas!

I got a good chuckle out of the image the last sentence of your post produced.

Nonna said...

That last line is hilarious Joan !

I mute the volume when I see commercials that describe every possible side effect for drugs. Glad you have something you can take to keep that tumor in check and you healthy !!!

jody said...

Hey pretty funny but are you sure this is the drug for you? Wild crazy girl with maybe depression in Vegas hmmmm

sorry we didn't get to see you and WayneO this last trip down but we didn't even stop for one minute, maybe next time