Search This Blog

Friday, April 24, 2009

Arbor Day

Today is Arbor Day and I have to say it is a great day. I LOVE trees. I'm not a tree hugger, although I wouldn't mind hugging one. I didn't know exactly how many trees we have so I went out and counted, and this is the way my yard stacks up: 24 trees
9 Aspen
2 apple
1 pear
1 peach
1 cherry
4 flowering plums
1 pine
1 maple
1 genola maple
1 pussy willow
1 arborvitae
1 cypress pom-pom
I won't photograph them all but here is a sampling: The Genola Maple

The pine

2 of the quakies


I just threw this is because it's so pretty but not mine...it belongs to Shon and Kee

Flowering plum

My Dr. Seuss looking cypress pom-pom tree

My peach tree
I'm sure my tree owning will not end here. I would love a few more if I can find the right spot to put them. So for this Friday, plant and love a tree. Help out Mother Earth produce shade and good oxygen for us all.

8 comments:

A Musing Mother said...

Beautiful trees! I love trees and wish ours would grow faster!

Susan said...

Your yard looks so pretty. Yesterday I noticed our flowering pear tree had blossoms--today it is covered with snow! April 24 and we have snow on the ground. I am so over winter.

Marjie said...

You have such a lovely variety of trees. I also could hug a tree-love them. Their color, shape and texture vary so much. I talked with a friend yesterday, and I have one more you might add to your yard- a non-fruit
bearing orange bush/tree. She says the scent from it is amazing and it gets beautiful blossoms all over it in the summer(not spring). I'm going to see if Gainan's has them. Love to you!

AmandaS said...

I think I need to have you over to my house just to help me identify all my trees! I have NO idea what any of them are!
Love the Dr. Suess tree!

Margaret Kay said...

If it would ever quit raining/snowing, I'd plant one! There's always room for one more, don't ya' know.

Colett (*.*) said...

I planted a rose bush today, does that count? Is the Dr. Suess tree new, I don't think I remember seeing it.

Lesli said...

I love all those trees Joan. I have a huge yard and hardly any trees. I am afraid to plant them - I would probably kill them!

Kee said...

I love the Dr. Suess tree. It just makes you smile!