Search This Blog

Friday, April 02, 2010

Easter Egg

The daughters and I went shopping at an expensive boutique last month. They were selling an egg like this for around $30.00. I am a big time crafter and could not bring myself to pay that price, so the next week we went to the craft store to get supplies to make our own. I got this big egg (about 10"tall) at Michael's. It was plastic and bright pink so I painted it silver, and although you can't see it in the picture, I also spray glittered it too because as we all know, everything is better with a little bling on it. I stenciled the polka dots on top of that and then made the tag using cardboard and music paper and glittering the edge and adding vintage sequins and rhinestones. I tied 3 different ribbons around it and made the bow. My price to make it was about $6 since I had a lot of stuff on hand.
Happy Easter everyone.

2 comments:

jody said...

very cute you are so clever I miss you

Susan said...

Were you always so artistic? I guess I do remember you being really good at art. I'm still searching for something I'm good at and I'm running out of time.