Search This Blog

Monday, January 28, 2013

My thoughts

Last week I had a lot of time to muse.  It was so cold outside and so snowy that I just wanted to hibernate.  When my mind wanders I have a few a-ha moments.

1.  When I am cruising on the Internet and I find a site or an article that I just love, I look for the "pin" button so I can pin it to my Pinterest Board, but when there is not one, I get a little irritated.
2.  I am so glad I got my flu shot.  I have been hearing of people who got the flu and after many weeks of trying to cope,  are just exhausted, have missed work and passed it on to the rest of the family.  I get mine free and I get it every year.  One tiny pin prick that I can hardly feel is really worth it.
3.  I know in my heart that I will never win the lottery or the Publisher Clearing House
contest, yet I still daydream of what I would do with my millions or my $5,000 a week and how many of you would also be blessed if I won.
4.  Every time I see those "As Seen On TV" ads, I want to buy everything and try it.  They make it seems like your life would be much easier if you just had all their gadgets, yet I never buy any.
5.  I don't get depressed, but when we have our horrible Utah inversions and I can't see the mountains for weeks,  it does make me stay in and organize my drawers, my paper files, and to take old stuff to DI, read many books, and want to rearrange my furniture, and get new stuff.   And I do this.
6.  I keep cutting out magazine pages, pinning to Pinterest and looking in furniture stores, but still don't have an exact idea of what my decorating style is. I do like parts of traditional, parts of country, parts of transitional, parts of French Farm House, parts of almost every style except ultra modern.  I have antiques, shabby chic, modern, and transitional things in my house and even have a couple of modern bathroom rugs.  I guess I am just very eclectic and try to color coordinate things so they look like they go together.  I could probably never have a decorator do my house.  My visiting teacher always says it feels so warm and cozy when she comes so I guess that's OK.
7.  I celebrated my birthday for a week.  I signed up for free dinners at a lot of restaurants online and so far we had a free dinner at Noodles and Company,  had a free Blizzard, had a free dinner at Rodizio's Grill, and had more coupons for Red Robin, Smoothies, Arby's, Chilis, Famous Dave's BBQ, Cold Stone Ice Cream and a few others.  I won't be using them all of course but there is one for Carrabba's that I will definitely be using next month. 
8.  I am going to try harder to write to the missionaries from our ward.  I know mail is a big deal to them and I am trying to read my scriptures and Relief Society lessons every week.
9.  I just looked out the window and the sun is shining and I can see the mountains.  Hip-hip-hooray.  I won't do anything differently though, except maybe try to get my ironing done and to eat some chocolate.

No comments: