Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2013

I haven't blogged for a few months.  My life got so busy. We were traveling a lot and this just seemed the thing to give up, but I want to get back to it....it is a new year and although I don't make resolutions, I still have a couple of goals I want to reach. One of them is to not let go of blogging completely because that is my journal.  My memory is not good enough to "not" write down things that happen in my life.  I can't catch up the last few months (because I didn't write it down and can't remember it, ha) but I will still put in photos of a few things and then go from there. 

Today just happens to be my birthday.  It doesn't hurt like 60 did.  In fact I plan to enjoy it completely.  My goal is to do nothing but read, play on the computer, eat some chocolate and later go for dinner at Carraba's for scallops.  Mom and Dad called early this morning and sang to me.  I consider it such a blessing that they are both still here and that they can still sing to me and tell me that they love me. Susan Welton dropped by with a wonderful little book for me  titled " The Beginning of Better Days" that I can't wait to get to.  I also had lunch with the ladies this week.  I had a Cafe Rio salad and Susan W.  had gotten a chocolate pastry with a candle on it to share.  How cute is that?  Tricia got me some good smelly stuff and a set of 2 lb. barbells.  Susan Welton, Laura Turner, Tricia Garside and I get together for all of our birthdays.  We worked together in the Relief Society Presidency years ago.  It's amazing how friendships are born, broadened and continue when you work together closely and I just love these women so much.

My son Shon is supposed to have surgery this morning.  He has Diverticulitis that has worsened and my prayer is that is is OK and everything goes well.  That would make it a better birthday.



1 comment:

dougandjulie said...

Happy Birthday Joan! I missed your birthday this year, but I hope that you had a great day! My dad had diverticulitis. That can be challenging. I hope that Shon is doing well.