Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Colett's Big Birthday

I was in the hospital 40 years ago today. I was worried about giving birth and how I could be a mother of two at only 20 years old. I had had a baby almost exactly 13 months earlier and was not sure I could handle another baby so soon. Then Colett was born and my heart melted. Now I had a little girl that would forever change my life for good. She was so sweet I couldn't even put her down, and she stayed on my lap for 5 years until her sister Amy was born and I needed the room for her. Shon may have gotten short changed, but he was such an easy going and sweet little tot that he didn't seem to mind. Colett Loraine turns 40 today. It seems just like yesterday sometimes.



Colett....we call her Lettie or Lett


with her babies Isabelle, Millie and Nick


with her hubby Matt


with her sister Amy


her last birthday in the 30's


getting the squeeze from Daddy Wayne



With her sister Amy and her Mom...me


Getting ready for dessert

The beauty queen.... which she truly is

Happy 40th Birthday lovely Lett

5 comments:

Colett (*.*) said...

oh dear, you must be confused, there is no possible way I'm that old. love you.

Susan said...

This brings back memories when we were both waiting for our babies to be born and I was over-due so I drank all that castor oil!!!!! Did you drink it too? It was so awful and it didn't do the trick for me...Kim wasn't born until May 26th

Colett is a beautiful woman, she is a great mix of you and Wayne.

Joan said...

Susan, I did take the caster oil and it did work. It really was awful huh? I had her the next day.

Susan said...

I thought I could remember you drinking it and having her soon after, all it did for me was make me lose 6 pounds......if it didn't taste so horrible I might be tempted :(

Jem said...

She is pretty great. . . and old!