Search This Blog

Monday, January 10, 2011

Winter 2011


I do hate the cold.  When I get really cold my back gets tense and starts to ache.  I start to shiver and my feet and hands get cold even if I have on socks and gloves.  I thought I had left the real cold behind when I moved to Utah.  This is the coldest and snowiest winter since we moved here 8 years ago, and the snowy ruts in the road are reminiscent of my old home in Montana.  I planted box woods which do very well in Utah except for maybe this year. I may lose them all.  When it gets down to 6 degrees, they surrender.  I was looking through my picture files though, and it reminded me how lovely November was.  These are all pictures of my yard around Thanksgiving.  Oh, the good old days. Can I make it through March or until the thermometer hovers around 50 degrees?  I am going to go sit under my down throw and contemplate just that question. 

3 comments:

Kee said...

I hear you sisterchick. The cold makes me grumpy. Our news said it was -15 with the wind chill. Bleh. It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have to leave the house. I sure hope your plants survive. Be careful on the ice.

Susan said...

I too hate the cold. Ken wants to winter in AZ, I may have to take him up on it even though I really don't like it there. It has been bitter cold here the past few days and I haven't left my house.

MOM/SUSAN said...

THanks Joan--your photos never disappoint. I have been day dreaming of spring for days now to the point of distraction! The photos were like an elixir.