Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

What?

I got this in the mail a couple of days ago.  I was not pleased and needless to say I did not subscribe.  What is going on?  I am not a kid, nor even a middle-ager, but at 59 (For a few more days anyway) I don't think I am a senior citizen either.  Now if the offer was 80% off all my future dinners at Carrabba's  I would probably feel differently, but to have a magazine company call me "old" is not a pleasant thought.  When did a senior citizen become 55 or 60 instead of 65?  I especially don't want one reminding me it is the Sunset of my life.  This is especially not the case since most older citizens can't even afford to retire until their late 60's  or 70's now.  If I want a senior citizen discount, I want the option of asking for it. 

2 comments:

Susan said...

I feel your pain! At Kohl's last week they reminded me that it was 15% extra off for senior citizens, I said great, then they asked for my ID. Turns out you had to be 62 that day so even though I looked like I was old enough I didn't get the damn discount

Jem said...

Hahahaha!