Search This Blog

Friday, August 31, 2012

It's That Time of Year


Well here it is once again.  Time to gather all the tomatoes, apples, onions, corn etc. and put them away for the winter.  I have been canning tomato juice again and put up 13 pints of chili sauce.  Wayne made plum/ apple jelly and I will do bread and butter pickles soon.  It takes time to follow the admonition of the prophet to plant a garden and store the food but it is worth it.....except for one thing......


This is my wrist.  See the fish shaped blister I got while canning boiling hot chili sauce.  I was running it through the blender and the heat was so intense that the lid popped off even when I was trying to hold it down and my arm got burned.  At least I could find the humor in it and draw around it so I could get a picture.  This is quite large, about 2 inches across. Yep, it hurt!!

 
A day later the fish shape was gone as it got bigger and bigger.
Now a week later it is down to a large red scar about an inch across.
I am liking giant band aids and Neosoporin and a little hydrogen peroxide.
 
 
And as usual, I leave it on the counter to look at it for a couple of days before storing it in the basement.
 

1 comment:

Jem said...

Oh my goodness, Joan. It really does look like a fish. I miss canning with my mom, grandma and Dola.