Search This Blog

Monday, October 10, 2011

The Perfect Apple


I went visiting teaching to Nicole's last month, and on the way out she was telling me that her apples were almost ready to can and maybe needed just a couple  more days.    I asked her if I could just pick one and she said yes.  I reached in and randomly picked one. "They are Jonathan's  she said".  That is one of my favorites ...not too sweet, not too sour and so delicious with just a sprinkling of salt.  When I got it home, I washed it up and shined it before I ate it.  Whoa, wait, I didn't/couldn't eat this....not yet.  It was the most beautiful apple I have ever seen.  It was perfect in it's shape, perfect in it's redness and perfect in it's shine. It did not have a scratch, peck mark, or a blemish of any kind. It was like a mini work of art.  When Wayne got home I showed it to him and he didn't even think it was real.  It stayed in my refrigerator for over a week before I gave in and consumed the beautiful orb.  It was as good as it looked.  Sometimes all you need it a tiny miracle to make you remember the giver of all miracles.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Wow! That is a perfect apple. I've never seen one that pretty in a store.

Hollie said...

Congrats, you managed to post a comment on my blog! We're one step closer to figuring out the problem! Anyways, that apple looks so yummy!