Search This Blog

Friday, September 16, 2011

A Poem

I went to the doctor yesterday and he scheduled me for a mammogram and ultrasound.  I have always had problems with mammograms not being able to do their job for me and then having to go back for another one and then an ultrasound.  Why can't they just do one ultrasound and be done with it?  I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.  A friend in Cowley had a mastectomy last year and I was heart broken for her.  Her sister Maurine wanted to make her feel good with a little humor and asked all her friends to write a limerick to help her see some humor in the situation.  I wrote this one for Allison and her husband Pony.  I know it seems a litttle irreverent but it was done with love.

They stood on her chest like a hill
giving Pony a veritable thrill,
They had always been there
neath her flowing red hair,
But now her bra they will have to faux-fill.

Everyone, go get your mammograms!!!

No comments: