Search This Blog

Friday, July 08, 2011

4th of July, 2011

We had our traditional 4th of July at our  friends (and Colett's in-laws), the Yarros, at their cabin at Wallsberg.
They had built the pond a couple of years ago, but this year it was stocked with trout which Wes, Wayne and I tried our hand at.  I had two bites but didn't land one and the guys each caught one.  I had never really gone to the back side of the cabin to see the architecture before, but it is very BIG and very beautiful. 




Isabelle said she had been practicing to row in the swimming pool and by golly, she was amazing.  She scooted around the pond with ease.  Emerson hates dirt on his hands so after he got them dirty, he just held them like this.


Millie didn't know there was mud around the lake and ran into before she realized her shoes were caked with it.  Notice her expression?


Matt and Colett all tanned from their Mexico vacation and from laying,  lying sitting around the pool.  I didn't show them my neon white legs.


Emerson's hair is generally not curly but the humidity from the lake made it curl up and he is showing me the mud he got in the boat.  He  didn't freak out and finally accepted that sometimes we do get dirty.


Colett and Nick.  I had to click fast to get Nick.  He is not a poser, but should be.  Isn't he darling?


We have very few pictures of the 4 of us together because I'm usually the one taking the photos, but we got Wes to take this to prove that yes, we do all hang around together.


Wes is not with us on too many holidays because of his firefighting job in Park City, but for some reason, he is usually off for the 4th of July and we get to party together.


Besides dinner, fishing, dancing and fireworks, the Yarro's also set up bounce houses for the kids.  E loves them.




Colett and I didn't know it at the time but we color coordinated for the picture.


Plaid is "in" as you can tell.


Emerson takes his turn fishing.  The cottonwood trees had covered the pond in cotton so it was not easy fishing today.  We will have to try another time.
We ended the night with some fireworks,  pie and a little rain shower.  It rained last year too.  It seems a little odd for the desert in July but it wasn't bad and we had....once again....a great time.


YOO-HOO LAURA LOCEY....this photo is for you.  It is Isabelle with Clark Gable's grandchildren Clark and Kalee Gable.  Kalee was on the TV reality series with Paris Hilton.  I don't know if I spelled her name correctly. Clark just filmed a movie in Italy and is ready to do another one. He has also done modeling and was on the cover of a cereal box when he was younger.  Not name dropping here, I just did this for Laura because she is such a fan of Clark Gable and everything to do with him.  Click on the picture to enlarge it and see if he looks anything like his Grandpa. I believe he is quite a bit taller than Clark was.

                                       Happy Birthday America, I love you!!!

1 comment:

Live From Mommyville... said...

Big fan, indeed! When I was a child (and angry at my parents) I'd pretend Clark Gable was my real father. My REAL father wouldn't ground me for bad math grades! My REAL father wouldn't make me clean my room before going out with my friends! But it turns out my "real" father (aka Mr. Gable) died almost a decade before I was born. Oh well. Still think he's HOT. Looks like his grandkids inherited those genes.