Search This Blog

Monday, March 15, 2010

Blackfoot, Idaho revisited



Each time we go on a little trip to Idaho and travel through Blackfoot, I always mention to Wayne that it is the quirkiest town I have even been through. Remember this?



We were there again last week and because we have been there a few times I really wasn't looking for anything new but as we were driving around, waiting for an appointment I saw this box in a yard. I thought it was a utility box like we all have in our yards. Now, I have one and HATE it. The guys who installed it didn't bother to make sure it was at all level or even parallel to the sidewalk (and I am known to like things in order), so it bothers me every time I look at it.
Wayne says this one has something to do with water, but I think I may have to borrow the idea and paint mine. Do I have to check with the city first?


This is the thing that really made me laugh this time. We ate at a little Mexican restaurant
in Blackfoot. Afterwards, as I used the ladies room and as I....um....washed my hands....there on the wall, right next to the toilet, was a large mural of the virgin Mary. What a treat! As you do your duty, you now have the Mother of Christ looking down on you. I'll leave it at that.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wise Men heads in our cookies and the Virgin Mary watching you "go". Is someone trying to tell us something?

Margaret Kay said...

You said, "I am known to like things in order" - and you wonder where 'E' gets it . . . (chuckle) lining up the paint in your craft room JUST like his grandma.

Nonna said...

Wacky but never underestimate the number of places you can find her...my mother-in-law even has her medal pinned inside her underwear !!!