Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I know that I would never have made a good pioneer. I don't like dirt, bugs, snakes, heat, or camping. I might have finally finished the trek, but the definitive word is "GOOD". I would have been the complainer, the one who got hurt, the one who didn't want to leave the green of my current home and the one that had allergies all the way to Wyoming. I am allergic to sage brush...oh how miserable that would have been.



I can only hope that my pioneer ancestors are proud of me when I finally get to meet them.

2 comments:

Amy said...

No doubt about our ancestors being proud of you. You...we...are rock stars and after reading this story I know why. It runs in the blood! All this time I thought curling up with wild animals was something we had to wait for until we get to heaven! My luck, it would have been a skunk!

jody said...

Just Joan you are a pioneer in your one right. But I am with you on the hate dirt, camping thing. I am sure I would of been shot about 5 miles out of town. It's a good thing I was born after all that pioneer stuff;)))