Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hand Made Christmas

My daughters and daughter-in-law decided that 2010 should be a hand made Christmas.  I jumped on the bandwagon and made my granddaughter a photo album of and for just her.  Then I saw a great idea on the Internet that I wanted to make all the girls.  I saved it on my computer and then when I went to find it, it had disappeared into cyberspace.  I Googled every site I could find and there was no photo or mention of the idea anywhere.  I didn't get it done.  I will look all the coming year and do it next year if I can find it.  I am beginning to wonder if it was all in my dreams.
The girls did a fantastic job on their gifts though, and I am sure you will agree.


Colett made me this decoupaged wall box.  She ordered a special crackle medium from France that made it look aged.  I love, love  the tree and the sentiment. Her hubby Matt actually made the wooden box and helped with the graphics. It is very special to me. (She sells them now and if you want one let me know.)  She has lots of different graphics to choose from.  Enlarge to really see how it looks. She really has an artist's eye.


Amy made this necklace and put it in my stocking.  It is made of simple glass beads on a silver chain. It's so pretty.


Kee made me these beautiful earrings from chocolate pearls.  Oh I love them so.


Amy knew that I wanted a cute apron and sewed this one up for me.  She has such a talent with clothing design. A while back,  I told her I didn't like the feeling of a strap around my neck and she made this one that crosses in the back.  Isn't it just the most darling apron?  The apron actually has an apple green pocket and trim.  I don't know why it photographed yellow.  I have never had that happen before. Enlarge once again to see the detail.


I had seen an item like this at the Beehive Bazaar and commented how cute they were but didn't buy them at the time.  Well, Kee made me a bunch.  She took half rounds and glued them to little spools and then wrapped baker's twine around them in all the colors.  I use the twine in my scrapbooking and cards.  It makes me happy just to look at them.  Little mushrooms growing all over my window sill now.


My friends even did hand made this year.  Susan found a vintage looking Christmas
card and put it in a hand made frame, and Laura decoupaged a little print and made it into an ornament.  I also got hand made loaves of bread from Tricia and Becky and peppermint fudge from Robyne but I didn't have anything to photograph as they were devoured too quickly.


Amy made me another amazing gift.  She took music paper and cut leaves out of it and made a wreath to hang by my piano.  Not only can she sew, she is just plain crafty.

Isn't my gift pile just wonderful?  Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love you all.

3 comments:

Jem said...

What a great idea! Youre lucky you have crafty relatives and friends!

Colett (*.*) said...

wow, you were spoiled rotten, but I guess it takes one to know one.

Amy said...

It was indeed a great Christmas! THE greatest! I was much more excited to see everyone open their gifts than I was to open mine! Next year you better do your part and return the favor!