Search This Blog

Monday, May 23, 2011


My friend Laura grows lilacs all around her home.  Each year she asks people to come and get some so that we can enjoy them along with her.  She usually brings me some in a tin can.  I don't transfer them to a vase because I like the country look of them.  Unfortunately they don't last long so I sniff them while  I can and it takes me back to my childhood. Mom has a lilac tree and so did the neighbors where I used to pick and pick them and then haul them in a wagon full of water trying to sell them.  We probably never sold any but it was a fun time and the fragrance is forever in my mind.  Thank you Laura for sharing.

2 comments:

Jem said...

Lilacs are my favorite flower. I always take some to Dolas grave when I visit. Best smell in the world.

Nonna said...

My Mom's favorite flower is lilacs...beautiful scent. It takes just a few to make your house smell so delicious !